TERMS & CONDITIONS
Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition 2022: GAME OF SKILL PRIZES
1. The judges of this competition will be the employee’s of Smart Energy Council.
2. Employees of the promoter, Smart Energy Council, are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
3. To enter, entrants must register for Smart Energy 2022 online at: https://regonsite.eventsair.com/smart-energy-conference-2022/visitor/Site/Register and attend the physical event on the 4th or 5th of May 2022, at ICC, Sydney. This counts as one entry. Entrants can enter multiple times by visiting exhibition booths at Smart Energy 2022. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. A prize will be awarded to the three people who the judges deem to be the most engaged, by visiting the most booths and having their event badges scanned at these booths. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, displays objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All entries become and remain the property of the promoter.
6. Winners of the competition must be 18 years old and over and residents of Australia.
7. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
8. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. Prize cannot be exchanged for another prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
9. The promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the prize for an item of equal value at their discretion.
10. Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to accept the prize. Should the winner not be able to facilitate acceptance of the prize, it will be forfeited without any replacement for its value.
11. The winner may be required to obtain the relevant & suitable insurance at their own expense in order to be able to take the competition prize.
12. Once the prize has been confirmed by the Smart Energy Council, the prize is deemed non-transferrable.
13. Prize includes one of three Leon Cycle e-bikes, which can be selected by each of the three winners; NCM Milano Plus, NCM Moscow Plus or ET Cycle F1000. Prize winners must be available to arrange delivery of the prize with Leon Cycle Pty Ltd. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
14. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
15. The prize is subject to availability as determined by the Smart Energy Council.
16. Promotion commences at 8am on 16 March 2022. Entries close at 5pm on 5th May 2022.
17. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
18. The promoter is the Smart Energy Council, PO Box 231, Mawson ACT 2607.
19. The information you are asked to provide to the Smart Energy Council is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. The Smart Energy Council will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
20. All entries become the property of the Smart Energy Council. The Smart Energy Council may use the entrants’ names and submissions for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
21. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
22. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by the Smart Energy Council then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
23. Entries will be judged by the Smart Energy Council on 12th May 2022 and the winner’s name may be published on various channels, including but not limited to, https://smartenergy.org.au/, company social media pages and via email within 30 days of the draw.
24. The winner will be notified in writing by email within thirty (30) working days of the conclusion of the competition.
25. If the Smart Energy Council is unable to contact the winner within 30 days of the draw and the Smart Energy Council has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrant then the Smart Energy Council will award the prize to another valid entrant.
26. All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to have their contact details released to the Smart Energy Council and receiving ongoing marketing material and correspondence from the Smart Energy Counci